Every means of communication what is call languages are mysteries
I am a foreigner in an insulated capsule
I taste. I explore. I take samples to try and break loneliness
I'm learning. Maybe, one day, I will be truely able to write and talk.

jeudi 7 janvier 2010

DINOSAUR LOVE (Eliot Katz)

On the Museum of Natural History’s 4th floor
I greeted my old friend :
“Hey, T. Rex ! Long time, no see !”
My buddy flashed his killer teeth :
“Over two years, E. Katz,
I missed you.”

Surprised, I asked, “You missed me ?
I didn’t know dinosaurs had emotions.
Rexy, did you know love ?”

Rexy sighed ; “I knew love
..... not as humans can
but as humans do :
….. love of self
….. and love of finding something weaker
…... ….. to pounce upon.

E. Katz, can your species be saved
….. by love’s possibilities ?

“Rexy” I answered, “you haven’t lost
your ability
to ask the tough question.
Let me ask you something we humans
have been curious about for centuries.
How did you die ?”

“I don’t know.
One day I looked around
And I wasn’t there.”

Eliot KATZ

Aucun commentaire: